httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Doh! don't do this...
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:41:55 GMT
On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Hit a segfault about 50MB into a 100MB mp3 tarball download.  Noticed
> the segfault was in mod_include.  WTF?

=-)  Believe it or not, that actually *should* have worked.  It'd be slow
as hell with way-high CPU utilization as mod_include inspects every one of
those 100 million bytes, of course.  But assuming you don't have
accidentally have a "<!--#" in your tarball, it should have worked
(eventually).

I'm really curious about why it segfaulted... I don't suppose you got a
backtrace, did you?  I guess we could probably reproduce it if it's as
easy as server-parsing a really really big (possibly binary) file...

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA