httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trying to start portal / help with modules
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:20:01 GMT
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Carlos Costa Portela wrote:

> 	Thank you very much, Cliff. Can you give me an URL so I can learn
> how to hook into mod_include and define my own tags?.

mod_include.c in Apache 2.0 was sort of written as its own example
document in that regard.  Best I can tell you is to look at the source:

http://www.apache.org/websrc/cvsweb.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/filters/mod_include.c

Specifically, look at the function include_post_config().  Basically just
do what that function does, replacing the calls to
ssi_pfn_register("tag",handle_tag) with registrations for your own custom
tags.  And then write a function to handle each of them.

Like I said, this is a new capability in 2.0.  If you're going to use
Apache 1.3, you'll have to insert some code into the if/elseif statement
in send_parsed_content() in 1.3's mod_include.c.

Hope this helps.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com