httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache::ASP
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 21:19:38 GMT
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Greg Gimler wrote:

> I've been looking at Apache::ASP and noticed that it doesn't actually
> support ASP code but rather perlscript which does similar things but
> with totally different syntax.  I have a significant amount of ASP
> code that I would rather not have to rewrite into perlscript.  Does
> anyone know of a solution that will allow me to use my existing ASP
> code?  Thanks.

It's important to realize that ASP is just a framework... you can use
VBScript or Perlscript or any number of scripting languages within that
framework as long as your ASP interpreter also understands that scripting
language.  Of course, IIS only supports VBScript by default (as you'd
expect from a Microsoft product).  But having perlscript inside an ASP
document is perfectly valid.

That said, there do exist VBScript-enabled ASP interpreters for Apache,
though the only one I know of right off is a commercial product, ChiliSoft
ASP (www.chilisoft.com), which seems to have been bought by Sun since the
last time I looked.

This sort of question is best asked on one of the newsgroups, eg
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com