httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: mod_file_cache performance
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:14:52 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Gonyou, Austin wrote:

> I see..so you're saying the cache file should be "the highest" perhaps?
> If that's the case, then it seems that there is something possibly related
> to accessing the cache which is causing you a bottleneck?
> Perhaps this is indicitive of some further MPM issues. What MPM did you use
> to do this test? Threaded?

Yes, threaded.  I'll try it again with prefork and see what happens.
The particular case I was trying to fix and test was in a multi-threaded
case, which is why I tried it with threaded in the first place... but
you're right it would be a good sanity check to try it with prefork and
see if the numbers look more sane.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com