httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject Action: Update Needed on Apps Compatibility Info on MSDN (fwd)
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:23:36 GMT

Would someone working on the Win32 port be interested in filling this out?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:08:57 -0700
Subject: Action: Update Needed on Apps Compatibility Info on MSDN

Dear Microsoft Windows 2000 Partner: Apache Software Foundation*

Thank you for listing your application(s) in the Windows 2000 Directory
of Applications at
pat/search/software.asp. With millions of customer hits to date, the
Directory is one of the most visited sites on These
visits may very well translate into future revenues for many of you.

As you know, if your application is compatible with Windows 2000 it is
compatible with all versions of Windows 2000 including Professional,
Server, Advanced Server and Datacenter Server.  It is very important and
beneficial for you to provide compatibility and/or certification
information for all versions of Windows 2000 you support, particularly
Windows 2000 Datacenter Server which was recently added as a selectable
Windows version.  In the interest of our mutual customers, we're asking
for your assistance in two areas:

1.        Please update your product and company contact information in
the Microsoft Windows 2000 Directory of Applications so that customers
can find the latest information on your product(s). Please make sure you
check the respective OS(s ) your product support in both product profile
and company profile. Updating your information is easier with our new
         To access and update your product information please click on
this link:
If the URL word-wraps to the next line, please copy the link into your
browser, and paste the characters on the next line at the end of the URL
in your browser. Then the link should work correctly.
          Please review the company contact information. Even if you
make no changes to the information, please click the Save Company
Information button.
          Review the information for each offering:
          Please be sure to complete the Compatibility Statements for
each product,and for each language in which the product ships. After
updating the first language, click the Next Offering button to continue
completing the Compatibility Statements for each additional language.
Otherwise the product or the language will not show up when searched
         Any concerns about your updates? Contact <> .

 2.       In the next month Microsoft will have a new method for you to
register your support for Windows XP.  Watch your emails for information
on providing Windows XP support information.

Thanks for your participation in these efforts. We look forward to
working with you.

Windows Marketing Group

View raw message