httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Sander Striker" <stri...@apache.org>
Subject RE: New Protocol module, POP3
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2001 22:55:01 GMT
> Hi everybody,

Hi Ryan,

> In my spare time I have been working

tsk tsk doesn't anybody here ever stop working? :)

> on a POP3 protocol module for Apache 2.0.

Lets start off with saying this is _very_ cool.

> It is almost complete (fully protocol compliant, but I know of at
> least two bugs).  I want to fix the two bugs that I know of, because they
> stop the server from being useful, and then I want to Open Source it.
> There is still word to be done to this module to make it better, like
> making it support the CAPA command, and thus SSL.
>
> So, the question that I have is does the group want this?  If so, do we
> put it in the httpd-2.0 tree, or do we put it in it's own tree?

I can't speak for the group, and I don't know what my voice is worth
at this point in time, but I would suggest putting it in its own tree.

> If the group doesn't want it, I am likely to just go to sourceforge to
> make this project open, so it will still be released, it's just a question
> of how I do it now.

If at all possible, I would like projects like these to remain at
the apache site. It is projects like these who pave the way to make
apache a true server framework.

> Ryan

Sander