httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Labee" <pla...@covalent.net>
Subject test harness for Apache
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 19:14:47 GMT
While Apache 1.3 has proven itself in the field, 2.0 hasn't yet.  Rather
than wait for market acceptance, I propose that we create an open source
test harness and publish extensive test scripts.  This harness should allow
verification of both protocol correctness and API-level testing, and
anything else that people want to test.

Covalent Technologies has dedicated manpower to porting the mod_perl test
harness to Apache 2.0, and would like to contribute this work to the ASF.

Is it possible to create a httpd sub-project for this work?  Doug, Ryan, and
Will can make sure the code is committed once the project is set up.  A
separate mailing list for people working on the test harness and scripts
would allow anyone not necessarily interested in this work to ignore it.

--Philip Labee, QA Manager
  Covalent Technologies, Inc.