httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "MATHIHALLI,MADHUSUDAN (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <madhusudan_mathiha...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.20
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:51:36 GMT
I suggest the mod_ssl patch not go into the source tree for the following
reasons :
(1) the patch is still not complete and doesn't enable anything - as most of
the hooks are in the "#if 0 ... #endif" block
(2) is not fully tested (at all)
(3) it's pretty risky to apply such a patch on to the cvs tree just before
trying to tag a beta :-!..

I'll be looking forward for the trace output..

Thanks
-Madhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Stone [mailto:daniel@sfarc.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 4:07 AM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Cc: current-testers@apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache 2.0.20

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 07:53:13PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I have just tagged Apache 2.0.20, and I am rolling it now.  It will
> be available at http://dev.apache.org/dist/ within the next 30
> minutes.  Please feel free test and report back the results.

-1 on making this a beta, until either mod_ssl is a) fixed, b) tagged
experimental/broken/whatever, or c) ripped out. Yes, I've applied the two
patches that were floating around earlier, and it segfaults on load. Mind
you, there's no clear documentation on making this happen, but I used the
configuration directives and userspace tools from 1.3.20+mod_ssl, and it all
works fine, except it segfaults on load. Backtrace soon(ish).

Daniel Stone
<daniel@sfarc.net>
<Nuke> "can NE1 help me aim nuclear weaponz????? /MSG ME!!"