httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Farag, Hany M (Hany)" <hfa...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: Invalid command 'AddModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined b y a module not included in the server configuration
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:28:14 GMT
OK, here are the steps i followed :
EXAMPLES
     Assume you have an Apache module named  mod_foo.c  available
     which should extend Apache's server functionality. To accom-
     plish this you first have to compile the  C  source  into  a
     shared  object  suitable  for loading into the Apache server
     under runtime via the following command:

       $ apxs -c mod_foo.c
       gcc -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/path/to/apache/include -c mod_foo.c
       ld -Bshareable -o mod_foo.so mod_foo.o
       $ _

     Then you have to update the Apache configuration  by  making
     sure  a  LoadModule directive is present to load this shared
     object. To simplify this step apxs provides an automatic way
     to  install the shared object in its "modules" directory and
     updating  the  httpd.conf  file  accordingly.  This  can  be
     achieved by running:

       $ apxs -i -a mod_foo.c
       cp mod_foo.so /path/to/apache/modules/mod_foo.so
       chmod 755 /path/to/apache/modules/mod_foo.so
       [activating module `foo' in /path/to/apache/etc/httpd.conf]
       $ _

     This way a line named

       LoadModule foo_module modules/mod_foo.so
as in http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/programs/apxs.html

which i then modified the httpd.conf and removed the AddModule .....
and added LoadModule ....
and added the following directive:
<Location /example-info>
	SetHandler example-handler
</Location>
and tried to access from a browser but could not get through?

Can anybody tell me what should i do to make it work.

Thanks
Hany