httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Baker <jerryba...@weirdness.com>
Subject mod_tls and HTTP POST
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2001 21:00:18 GMT
Apache 2.0.23-dev (from CVS yesterday) with OpenSSL 0.9.6b.

If mod_tls is being used, a POST operation where $ENV{"Content-Length"}
exceeds 570 fails. That is to say that there is nothing sent to STDIN.
This was tried with IE 5.5, Netscape 4.78, and Mozilla 0.9.2.

To test this I set up a form with a single "textarea" and had it "POST"
to a Perl script that simply read STDIN into a scalar ($variable) and
then did a "print $variable". It works fine as long as the content
length < 570. If the content length > 570 then Perl reports $variable as
undefined. If I access the same form without TLS (eg, http instead of
https) then it works fine.

Another oddity with TLS is that with TLS active, accessing the stock
printenv.pl that ships with Apache fails. When accessed via https the
output of that script is truncated.

PS - I am not subscribed to new-httpd because as of the sending of this
message all messages sent to new-httpd-subscribe@apache.org have gone
unanswered.

--
Jerry Baker