httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject the suexec problem yesterday
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:22:53 GMT
OK, I know exactly what happened yesterday with the bug db and suexec on
daedalus.  There's no code problem; it was my fault.  I did "make clean"
in selected directories, to avoid rebuilding the whole thing after only
minor changes, and missed the os directory.

os/unixd/unixd.c uses a #define SUEXEC_BIN which is the path to the
suexec binary.  That was not recompiled, so the httpd binary ended up
pointing to the old install directory, which I nuked right before the
problem started.

Sorry for the outage and for the confusion.

Greg