httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>
Subject Debugging Apache
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:54:52 GMT
I've encountered some segmentation faults while using mod_jk version
1.2.0 with Apache 1.3.20 (second and thereafter graceful restart tends
to be the problem).

After talking about debugging options with mod_jk developers, they've
pointed me to this list to ask for the best way to produce useful
debugging output from Apache when the segfault of the child process
happens and the core is not dumped. I've seen the undocumented -S option
for truss, but Linux uses strace. In all honesty, I'm not really
proficient in any of this, so that's probably the biggest challenge
you're facing ;-)

Platform is RedHat Linux 7.0 on Intel (AMD actually :-), Apache is
statically linked.

Bojan