httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: OSDLab projectL Accept() locking on large (6+ CPU) boxes
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:57:02 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:

[...]

>The hard part about this (at least for me) is the multitude of variables
>that go in to deciding the implementation of the accept() mutex. Is there
>a way I can find out (at runtime) what implementation is being used?

If you're willing to use external instrumentation (as opposed to having
the httpd deduce the mechanism by itself at runtime), you can figure out
the accept serialization method with truss.  (The -l arg to truss, if I
remember correctly, will show the LWP ID for each syscall, so you can
look for the last syscall that each LWP does before accept.)

--Brian