httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: 2.0.21 build/run summary for Solaris 8
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:34:00 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

>prefork runs nicely on Solaris 8
>threaded segfaults under heavly load on Solaris 8
>
>(if someone can tell me how to actually get the core files when it
>core's I'll post a trace/theory on why, but I can't find the core files
>;( )

If you're interested in catching the fault 'live' instead
of debugging from a core file,

  truss -Mall -t\!all -f /path/to/apachectl start

Once a child proces faults, truss will print the pid to
stderr and freeze the process.  Then you can use pstack,
gdb, or whatever to get more information about it.  To
unfreeze the process, kill -9 or /usr/proc/bin/prun.

--Brian