httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject Re: apache.org is running the 2.0.21 tarball
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:59:39 GMT
Ian Holsman wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2001 13:18:46 -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> > I bounced the httpd server on daedalus over to a build from the new
> > apache 2.0.21 tarball as of Friday, 20-Jul-2001 10:12:59 PDT.  It looks
> > fine, as expected.
> what needs to be done to upgrade this to a beta?
> are we doing the 'run 3 days on apache.org'' test?

Enough people have to vote for it being a beta, and then presto! it is a
beta (once we rename it), I believe.

As far as the '3 days' test, we've done that already if you count the
2_0_21-dev build, which went up Wednesday PM.  cvs has only had small
safe changes since.  (Ryan must be busy :-)  However, I'd like to see us
run at least 24 hours on the new tarball before we do anything rash.
That puts us into the weekend.  Monday would be soon enough for me.  But
if other folks are really gung ho, I'd be OK with doing it tomorrow (Sat
21 Jul) PM.

+1 on beta after 24 hours, btw.

Greg