httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Config problem - default virtual host
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:15:24 GMT
Hi all,

I am having a very odd problem with Apache v1.3.19. I have a single
virtualhost configured for a specific website with a specific ServerName
specified. I have a second general virtualhost configured as a
"catchall" that points to the default Apache page.

For some odd reason that I cannot figure out, when I hit the server with
a webbrowser, regardless of the name (a number of DNS names point at
this box, but don't have specific server configs) I always get the first
virtual host website, and not the Apache default website as has been
configured.

Is there something else that needs to be done to make this work?

I have added the following to the end of the config. There are no other
_default_ virtualhosts on the machine, I checked:

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@sharp.fm
   DocumentRoot /www/docs/html
</VirtualHost>

A Listen and NameVirtualHost directive are both defined for the IP
address in question.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon