httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject LDAP support in v2.0
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:57:47 GMT
Hi all,

A project that I have been meaning to get started for a while is to add
LDAP support to Apache v2.0. The stuff I have in mind are:

- Authentication against an LDAP server (a number of modules already
exist to do this for v1.3)
- Configuration information stored in an LDAP server (for multiple
servers sharing a common configuration)
- Serving attributes directly from an LDAP server to a browser (for
embedding LDAP info in pages without the need for PHP, etc) - an
extension to mod_proxy.

Would any of this be useful?

What I'd like to do first is to add LDAP support to APR. This would
serve the purpose of linking various LDAP libraries and making them
available in a platform independant way. Would it make sense to do this
in APR or in Apache?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon