httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server test_char.h
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 00:29:22 GMT
On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 04:06:14PM -0700, Ryan Bloom wrote:
> Guys, test_char.h was used in apache-1.3 as well as 2.0, and we didn't have this proble
> with Solaris 7 and apache 1.3.  Has anybody looked to see what the difference is?

If I take out the include directives (i.e. manually expand everything)
and switch the all target to be:

all: test_char.h all-recursive

it works (this is close to what Apache 1.3 has).

But, if we switch local-all to be:

local-all: test_char.h $(TARGETS)

the dependency check on test_char.h in util.lo is still screwed up
(or if you let it be expanded by the LTLIBRARY_SOURCES value - which
is how it is now in CVS).

It looks like the dependencies aren't read correctly in Solaris 7 when
we execute $(MAKE) local-all from the all-recursive target.  We don't
use $(MAKE) in Apache 1.3 from what I can tell - I think I've heard
reports of $(MAKE) being busted in Solaris's make (but I'm not sure).

Does that help?  I'm at the limits of make knowledge here.

I'm supposed to be writing a design document right now.  -- justin