httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server test_char.h
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2001 23:20:21 GMT
On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 07:14:09PM -0400, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> Still, something rubs me the wrong way about the
> discrepancy.

Yup.  This looks like a legitimate bug in Solaris 7.  But, it isn't
present in Solaris 8, so someone at Sun agrees this behavior is bogus.
(My Solaris 7 box has the latest recommended patches from Sun, so it
should be up-to-date.)

Jeff may have some thoughts whenever he reads my messages.  I'm not sure
if that was what he was seeing on Solaris - it definitely expanded the
wildcards for me, but it blew up on the lack of test_char.h.

I bet there is some way to work around this.  I just don't have the time
and inclination to research this further.  =-)  -- justin