httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server test_char.h
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:59:14 GMT
On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:27:30PM -0000, jwoolley@apache.org wrote:
> jwoolley    01/07/29 15:27:30
>
>   Removed:     server   test_char.h
>   Log:
>   Nope, changed my mind.  With this hack, the build only works right the first
>   time... a make clean will rm test_char.h.  If Solaris 7 is broken, it's broken.
>
>   There's got to be a better way.  But not for 2.0.22.

If it's in CVS, then when you do a commit, you get the generated
test_char.h.  Not what we want...

I think we could just add a blank copy to the tarball for 2.0.22 (i.e.
not to CVS).  Jeff or someone who cares about supporting system make on
Solaris 7 can come up with some clever way, or we just always add
a blank copy of that file to the tarball.

The second time they do a make with Solaris 7, it'll build fine because
test_char.h will now exist.  That'd be the obvious thing to do if you
are faced with "this doesn't work" - try again.  In this case, it'd
work doing it a second time...  -- justin