httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: server/Makefile.in, exports.c broken on some systems
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:20:10 GMT
On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 08:48:59AM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 09:06:37AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> > FYI... I won't be offering a solution in this timeframe.  I played
> > with it for a couple of hours yesterday; no such time today.  (Where
> > is Sascha when we need him :) )
> >
> > I'm not against rolling a beta with this temporary brokenness since
> > (I think) Justin mentioned that GNU make is a temporary work-around on
> > Solaris and so it ought to be fine on OS/390 as well.
>
> I'm building with /usr/ccs/bin/make right now on Solaris 8 and it
> generates exports.c fine.  I'll try and get a clean tagged tree and see
> if I can reproduce this.  No promises though.  -- justin

Well, I'm not sure I'm hitting the same thing you are, but I'm running
into a problem with Solaris 7 - it gives me a problem about not knowing
how to build test_char.h.  However, if I execute the make again, it goes
cleanly.  Odd.  This doesn't happen with Solaris 8, so this may be a bug
with /usr/ccs/bin/make?  Let me hack at this for a few and see if I can
come up with a fix.  -- justin