httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 STATUS
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:55:57 GMT
> The release branch model would alternately allow us to change that
> primary version to "2.0.x-alpha-1", "2.0.x-alpha-2", "2.0.x-beta-1" and
> finally "2.0.x-gold".  That would also be a reasonable solution.

No, all that does is add two more invisible version fields to our version
numbers.  We already have three version numbers -- that is more than enough.
What we should be doing is changing the minor number every time we change
the MMN.  That way we would now be on 1.32.3 instead of 1.2.22 and our
panties wouldn't creep up so far every time somebody tagged a bad tree.

....Roy