httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Tag 2.0.21 was Re: daedalus is back on 2.0.21-dev
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:37:06 GMT
On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:03:16PM -0400, Greg Ames wrote:
> What about the threaded mpm?  I can't tell you how it's doing in
> production, unfortunately.  Yeah, I know a number of folks have changes
> they'd like to see in it, but as far as I know it's in better shape than
> it was in our 2.0.16 beta.
>
> tag?

+0 (not that my vote is binding in this tree).

I'm also not sure of the impact from inherit in the APR code has been
tested yet.  Wouldn't a pipe (i.e. POD) need to have the inherit flag
explicitly set?  Otherwise, it'd be closed when we fork.  I'd need to
look at the code again, but I'm not sure if it is being explicitly
set or if it even needs to be (maybe a pipe is always created with
inherit?).

I think it'd be nice if we shipped a decent default threaded config
(i.e. don't have it spawn 3 child processes and kill off 2 immediately
because the config is lame) and fix the POD reading in threaded.
Neither are showstoppers though (the POD one may cause end-user
problems though).

I probably wouldn't pay attention to threaded MPM until we have the SMS
code active by default.  Once we've removed the per-process allocation
mutex, we can start to focus on getting other things right in there.
-- justin