httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Anders Nordby <and...@fix.no>
Subject Re: Heap memory usage on Solaris 7
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 19:52:22 GMT
On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 07:34:13PM -0700, dean gaudet wrote:
> a bunch of configuration info is duplicated for each <VirtualHost>.  i
> forget all the exact details now, but what you want to be careful about
> are any configuration statements within the <VirtualHost> which modify the
> global configuration of a module.  i.e. each time you modify something
> locally to a vhost you create a duplicate of the global config.
>
> btw, make sure you don't have an srm.conf or access.conf.  they get
> completely duplicated in each vhost.
>
> apache 2.0 doesn't change anything in this respect.
>
> it's likely you want to look at mod_vhost_alias.

Thanks for tips. :)

>> isabled all extra (I can do without about 10 of
>> the standard ones) & external modules etc. With no luck.
> actually this makes me think you may be looking at a genuine bug... if you
> can reproduce this problem with a "trivial" server config, such as the
> high-performance.conf (see the source tarball) with a few added
> <VirtualHost> sections that each contain nothing ... then it's probably a
> bug.

It seems mime_magic_module was the culprit. When removing it from being
loaded, I reduced memory usage per process from 13840k to 5904k. Which
is something I can live with. Now I'm just trying to figure why I didn't
see this in the first place. Oh well, time to bang head against wall.

Cheers,

--
Anders.