httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <l...@samba-tng.org>
Subject Re: multithreaded pools?
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2001 14:59:55 GMT
On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 10:36:10PM -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> OTOH, it seems the new sms code just needs a whack upside the head to
> stop it from asking for extra memory from its parent.

*cackle*.

just got in, saw a whole boat-load of messages about sms [grief,
who'd have thought it, neh? :) will get to them in a bit].

i saw the profiling: a suggestion - why not make a less-trivial
sms that uses a hash-table?  i mean, the trivial sms proves
the point, and people can now go 'oh yeah, it works!' [and,
'what was all the darn fuss about???'].  'now, how do we make
it better, little-step-by-little-step'?

sander, did you do sma as an sms yet (sma: smart memory allocator),
to do a comparison?

luke