httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: FYI... working on reimplimenting the content_lenght_filter
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2001 20:07:10 GMT
If I create a CGI script that generates a lot of bytes, the cl-filter will read those
bytes into heap buckets and keep reading until the CGI is done sending before passing
anything down the filter chain. If the CGI generates 100MB of bytes, the cl-filter will
buffer it all before sending any of it down the stack. That's broken :-)  Well, the
nonblocking read stuff I just checked in earlier today -may- cause some bytes to get sent
down the stack, but that is not by design.

The modifications I am working on will do two things... make the cl-filter honor flush &
put a limit on the number of bytes the filter buffers before writing to the network.

Bill