httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: threaded.c assigning children to wrong slot
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:59:59 GMT

Guys, this is as designed.  The worst case, is while the server is stopping and starting
child process (gracefully only) very quickly, we can get MaxClients*ThreadsPerChild
processes.  This is okay, because the user is really trying to tell us how many threads they
want
handling requests, not how many processes they want.  We only ever go over the MaxClients
if
we have processes shutting down.

I am willing to believe that we are starting processes too quickly, but that is a bug in the
implementation, not the design.

Ryan