httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Ames <grega...@remulak.net>
Subject memory leak on daedalus
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:28:02 GMT
Brian e-mailed me earlier today because he noticed the httpd processes on
daedalus were starting to grow.  They were up to around 10-12M when he
noticed it, so he restarted the server.

I had bumped up MaxRequestsPerChild from 1000 to 2000 shortly after I put up
the new 2.0.21-dev build, so after capturing a core dump of a process which
was up to 5.8M, I lowered MRPC back to 1K and did a graceful restart.  That
helped some (process size maxed out at around 5.5M) but still looked bigger
than I remember with our old build (3-4M).  So I set MRPC down to 400 and did
another graceful restart.  There are still a few at 5.5M, but most are
smaller.

Anyway, the core dump is in /usr/local/apache2.0.21-dev/corefiles, named
httpd.core.fat (5.8M) and another named httpd.core.skinny for comparison
purposes.  If anyone has any cool tools to analyse memory consumption, please
speak up.  Otherwise, I'll resort to looking at random memory addresses and
see what's there.

Greg