httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "John Buwa" <john.b...@tcpbbs.net>
Subject mod_perl strange errors!?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 02:33:04 GMT
I am using the latest version of apache and modperl and perl. Last night i
attempted to use the mod_perl enabled httpd ... I use cgi-lib.pl in all my
cgi-scripts for an FYI. My scripts work perfectly (just slow) using perl,
when i use the mod_perl enabled httpd. They work to a point then make no
sence in there behaviour at all?

Here is a log entry in my error log and the only error i get when the
scripts are not acting right:

[Mon Jul 23 05:38:06 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine
&Apache::ROOTwww_2emy_2ddomain_2ecom::cgi_2dbin::pads::welcome_2epl::ReadPar
se called at /driveb/usr/web/webroot/cgi-bin/pads/welcome.pl line 7.

When i look at that line in my code. It is:

&ReadParse(*input);

This is the cgi-lib.pl routin for parsing the input which i grab from:
$input{'something'};

So it looks like cgi-lib.pl and mod_perl are having a problem here? Any idea
what it is or how it can be fixed? I loved the impprovement in speed i got
but 10%working scripts is not worth the speed. Any ideas would be greatly
greatly appreciated!

John