httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Inheritable APR handles.
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 00:38:39 GMT
From: "dean gaudet" <>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 7:18 PM

> i object... reasons found in a message i just sent to apr-dev (at least i
> don't think it went to new-httpd).

And this will be my last post on the topic to new-httpd as well... if folks want
the dirty internals, please keep up with, and free the rest
of us from all the double(triple...) message duplication :)

> the fd inheritance through fork() is one of unix's warts, and it doesn't
> really need to be emulated...

Fine... but does that mean we don't want to actually clean out the dozens of
file descriptors that aren't needed from a threaded parent process when we
spawn a child (such as a CGI)?

> On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 wrote:
> > This patch begins to implement the inherit flag that Will Rowe was talking
> > about yesterday on Unix.

View raw message