httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: RE: [e2e] Windows NT implementation of TCP
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2001 12:36:35 GMT

Actually I think the DISCONNECT|REUSE is a relatively well known and used optimization. I
have not observed any problems with it on NT 4.0. Never tested it on 2000 though. Reusing
the accept socket on AcceptEx provides a -really- big performance boost for non-keep alive
connections.  I wonder if the problem happens with the REUSE flag? in addition to the
DISCONNECT?  Will do some digging around...

Bill