httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: mod_file_cache broken on Windows
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2001 15:13:40 GMT
Fixed...

> So the problem is
> related to one of the following:

<snip>

> 2. fields set in the cached apr_file_t that are not set in the new apr_file_t created
by the
> apr_os_file_blah() trick file.
> Since we are (should be :-) on the sendfile path, I wouldn't expect to get into the XTHREAD
code
in
> APR, but it could be that we are because of some of the settings in the cached apr_file_t.

The bug was introduced by the Win32 large file support in APR. Specifically, we were using
the event
handle in the cached apr_file_t to do overlapped i/o on a socket. The really bad mojo was
that
multiple threads were using this same handle. Backed out this portion of the large file support
patch and can serve files out of the cache w/o segfaulting. I'll do more testing tomorrow.

Bill