httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Doh! don't do this...
Date Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:46:33 GMT

> On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>
> > Hit a segfault about 50MB into a 100MB mp3 tarball download.  Noticed
> > the segfault was in mod_include.  WTF?
>
> =-)  Believe it or not, that actually *should* have worked.  It'd be slow
> as hell with way-high CPU utilization as mod_include inspects every one of
> those 100 million bytes, of course.  But assuming you don't have
> accidentally have a "<!--#" in your tarball, it should have worked
> (eventually

That's true.  It's easy to reproduce. Just server parse "My Name Is" :-)

I noticed another thing I did intend to look into.  If I canceled the download quickly (before
the
segfault), we keep trying to pump bytes to the network even though the connection was dead.
 Not
checking a return code properly somewhere in the filter chain.

Bill