httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server request.c
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 02:58:25 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> This is the wrong way to solve the problem. If the subrequest sends a
> brigade with the following two buckets:
>
>     FILE(1 megabyte) -> EOS
>
> Then you are going to do Very Bad Things.

I believe you...  I'll back it out.  Unlike the place where the logic
resides in the core output filter there can be no assumption that
there isn't much data.

> If your platform has MMAP, then the file bucket will be transformed into an
> MMAP bucket and the read() will return the entire file contents. Then, for a
> Debug build, you'll crap out at the assert. In a non-debug build, you'll end
> up creating a TRANSIENT bucket in tmpbb which then becomes bogus when you
> apr_destroy_brigade(bb).

The assert never fails, debug or not...  I've been through that loop :)

Where does the TRANSIENT bucket come from?  It should be a HEAP bucket.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...