httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@attglobal.net>
Subject Re: plz vote on tagging current CVS as APACHE_2_0_19
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:48:19 GMT
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> -1.  We already tagged 2.0.18, and rejected releasing it as a beta because
> of the threaded MPM issues.

I don't know who "we" is but I didn't like it because it didn't work
nearly as as well as 2.0.16, regardless of the MPM :)

>                              If we can wait about 1 week, I should have
> the time to implement the design I posted back when we tagged
> 2.0.19.

Is that the new-and-improved pod+connect() design?  If so, I have a
patch on new-httpd (and private code that works a bit better).  We
still don't know how to portably kill threads non-gracefully though
AFAIK.

If it is not the new-and-improved pod+connect() design, what is it?
(I've looked in new-httpd April-June; I don't doubt its there but a
hint would be useful.)

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...