httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/metadata mod_headers.c
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 11:06:28 GMT
Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 10:43:51AM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > trawick     01/06/04 03:43:51
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/metadata mod_headers.c
> >   Log:
> >   void * isn't compatible with a function pointer; deal with retrieving a
> >   function pointer from apr_hash_get()
>
> If it isn't compatible, then we can't store them into an apr_hash_t. There
> is a more basic problem than a simple cast.

For compatibility with systems where sizeof function pointer != sizeof
data ptr we need to change the several places where the hash functions
are abused like this (e.g., put the function pointer in a structure
and store the address of the structure in a hash).  I suspect there
are a few other abuses as well.

Can someone verify that there is such a system, and that it is
reasonable to expect Apache to be portable to such a system?  (the
last clause is intended to filter out "systems" like the mixed memory
model compilations with old DOS compilers with 16-bit targets :) )

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...