httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: idle server processes not going away
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 23:39:19 GMT
<rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> I think the only way to really solve this, is to look at how the longjmp()
> was used in 1.3 to ensure we died correctly.  I would also suggest looking
> at how threaded dies.  If the real problem is the signal handling, then I
> would suggest that Dean was correct about signals and daemons, and we
> should just remove all singals and use the pipe_of_death for all Unix
> MPMs.

I understand how the pipe of death works...  Having to look at it all
the time is a performance issue :)

> Assuming that locks are interuptable is not a good idea IMHO.

unclear what you mean...  all supported platforms have interruptible
locks...

do you mean "I don't want to kill a child process that is waiting for
a mutex?"

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...