httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: file/mmap buckets, subrequests, pools, 2.0.18
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 12:40:19 GMT
<rbb@covalent.net> writes:

> > ok thats sounds fair..
> >
> > the only problem i can see is that most bucket types don't implement the setaside
function
> > is implementing the setaside (with a pool) going to fix the mod_include problem
of not
> > having the buckets passed back?
>
> Greg's idea requires that more buckets implement the setaside function.
> The other idea of just having the sub_request_filter handle the problem
> doesn't have that requirement.

Note that with a simple situation I just recreated, the mmap bucket
for a small file is being held by the content-length filter (it did
ap_save_brigade).

I'm confused...  What would ap_sub_req_output_filter() be able to do
to help?

[I haven't verified but hopefully] f->r for the content length filter
is the main request and not the subrequest.  If it passed f->r->pool
to ap_save_brigade() which passed it on to setaside which decided that
the mmap was in the wrong pool then magic can possibly happen.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...