httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:43:26 GMT
On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Greg Ames wrote:

> includes have been totally broken since April 29.  My patch fixes
> includes, so I believe this patch qualifies as making progress toward
> a usable server.

I don't have a problem with this as a stopgap measure, though I think it
should get replaced with the setaside stuff ASAP.

> recreating the apr_blah_t structures.  Shouldn't we be optimizing for
> the common cases rather than the basket cases?

;-)

> How huge are 20 apr_mmap_t's?  Big deal if they have to wait for the end
> of the request.  and how common would it be to have 20 include files
> anyway?

Yeah, but there're other problems, like chewing up too many file handles
in pathological cases...

> Let's see some real world examples where this is noticeably bad.

What about mod_autoindex on a directory with 1000 files?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA