httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: plz vote on tagging current CVS as APACHE_2_0_19
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:18:07 GMT

> > -1.  We already tagged 2.0.18, and rejected releasing it as a beta because
> > of the threaded MPM issues.
>
> I don't know who "we" is but I didn't like it because it didn't work
> nearly as as well as 2.0.16, regardless of the MPM :)
>
> >                              If we can wait about 1 week, I should have
> > the time to implement the design I posted back when we tagged
> > 2.0.19.
>
> Is that the new-and-improved pod+connect() design?  If so, I have a
> patch on new-httpd (and private code that works a bit better).  We
> still don't know how to portably kill threads non-gracefully though
> AFAIK.
>
> If it is not the new-and-improved pod+connect() design, what is it?
> (I've looked in new-httpd April-June; I don't doubt its there but a
> hint would be useful.)

The issue of how to deal with restart processes when one thread is stuck
serving a long-lived request.  That was the major reason for not releasing
2.0.18 as a beta AFAICR.  I posted a design that solves the problem, but
then other issues got in the way of implementing it.  I started the patch
last Friday, and if I can find a few hours to devote to it, I should have
a patch this week sometime.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131