httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: file/mmap buckets, subrequests, pools, 2.0.18
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:48:34 GMT
On 6 Jun 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> <> writes:
> > So yeah, if we added the logic to the sub-req-output-filter to do the
> > conversion, this problem would be solved.  The logic is already in
> > core_output_filter, it's just a simple copy and paste.
> I'm running such logic now...  But it seems there is another problem,
> perhaps the one Ian suggested a few days back where there is missing
> output.
> The instance of the content length filter which saved my included file
> in its context is the one associated with the subrequest.  That
> instance of the content length filter never sees EOS so the contents
> of my included file is lost forever.
> Why is the content length filter added for the subrequest?  It
> shouldn't be there at all, should it?

There are two problems here.  #1, the subrequest shouldn't be getting the
C-L filter.  #2, the C-L filter should have seen the EOS that was sent for
the sub-request.  The EOS shouldn't be removed until the
sub_req_output_filter, and that should always be after the C-L filter.

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message