httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: file/mmap buckets, subrequests, pools, 2.0.18
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 14:46:23 GMT

> > > ok thats sounds fair..
> > >
> > > the only problem i can see is that most bucket types don't implement the setaside
function
> > > is implementing the setaside (with a pool) going to fix the mod_include problem
of not
> > > having the buckets passed back?
> >
> > Greg's idea requires that more buckets implement the setaside function.
> > The other idea of just having the sub_request_filter handle the problem
> > doesn't have that requirement.
>
> Note that with a simple situation I just recreated, the mmap bucket
> for a small file is being held by the content-length filter (it did
> ap_save_brigade).
>
> I'm confused...  What would ap_sub_req_output_filter() be able to do
> to help?

That depends.  Was this a sub-request?  If so, then when the
sub_req_output_filter was called, it would have converted the mmap bucket
into a heap bucket.  If this wasn't a sub-request, then you don't really
have a problem.  The only time this should still be a problem, is if the
file is >9k, and for some reason we didn't stream it.  I can't think of
when that would happen though.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131