httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: New graceful restart mechanism.
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 15:06:03 GMT

> Huh? How hard is it for the MPM to do:
>
>   static ap_mpm_pod_ctx *pod;

>   rv = ap_mpm_pod_open(&pod, p);

>   rv = ap_mpm_pod_check(pod);
>

> That doesn't look complicated.
>
> Bundling up the thing into a structure, rather than Yet More Globals is
> going to be much more helpful for using the POD in different ways.
>
> Globals are inflexible.

Change made, although I still disagree with it.  The problem is that
instead of having the pod global "local" to the pod code, now the pod
global is sitting in the MPM.

> > > "pipe_of_death_out" "char_of_death" "one"  What are these variables?
> > >
> > > Are you really sure you tried this? :-)
> >
> > I'm telling you, this all worked, I haven't got a clue why the damn build
> > isn't catching these, especially since I did a make clean;make.  This is
> > however beginning to bother me.
>
> Note the smiley :-)
>
> But it *is* weird. It isn't a match of "catching" ... any compile should
> outright barf on an unknown variable. Maybe you were accidentally using a
> different MPM, thus not compilig prefork with the "uses POD" macro?

I thought of the MPM thing, but that wasn't it.  I don't know what it was,
but my compile is catching the problems now.  It looks like I needed to do
a distclean before trying to build for some reason.   :-(

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131