httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: New hook.
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 19:24:32 GMT

in parsed file proxy:http://cn-sfo1-x-app58.cnet.com:7701/mace/123-333-12309128.html

> I could use the hook to print out all notes starting with 'CNET'

I think that would be done better in the logger phase.  That phase is
supposed to be used for request level logs.  This phase is strictly meant
to allow management modules to know when Apache is logging an error.

> the other use we might have for it is to suppress certain error messages from printing
out.

This isn't the kind of thing I think we want to do.  That is best done by
controlling the log level, not on a case by case basis/

> some of our developers decided to use the 'errorHandler' logic to implement a 'default
page' for some app on the
> server.. so now we get 20+ error lines (which aren't errors) per second. we could use
this kind of hook to supress these
> messages from appearing (easier than getting the developers to change their code ;( )

I think you are best off telling your developers to change their code to
make sense.  :-)

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131