httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: New graceful restart mechanism.
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:46:55 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > This patch implements the pipe-of-death mechanism that was discussed last
> > week.  This only modifies the prefork MPM.  If this patch is accepted,
> > then the other MPMs are trivial to modify.  The one thing I didn't do,
> > which could easily be done now, is to remove the process_status field from
> > the scoreboard.  That field is not used once this patch is applied, and
> > can safely be removed.
> I have some concerns whether we should not keep the 'status' field.
> The reason I have is that management modules, like SNMP, can use
> this to determine the state of the processes/threads the Apache
> server has.
> Or is there another easy way on how to determine whether servers/workers
> are busy??

Harrie, this is not the status field.  The field I am talking about
getting rid of is completely different than the field that informs a
management module what any given thread/process is actually doing at this
moment in time.  That field is the status field, and is located in the

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message