httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: New graceful restart mechanism.
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:46:55 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Harrie Hazewinkel wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> >
> > This patch implements the pipe-of-death mechanism that was discussed last
> > week.  This only modifies the prefork MPM.  If this patch is accepted,
> > then the other MPMs are trivial to modify.  The one thing I didn't do,
> > which could easily be done now, is to remove the process_status field from
> > the scoreboard.  That field is not used once this patch is applied, and
> > can safely be removed.
>
> I have some concerns whether we should not keep the 'status' field.
> The reason I have is that management modules, like SNMP, can use
> this to determine the state of the processes/threads the Apache
> server has.
> Or is there another easy way on how to determine whether servers/workers
> are busy??

Harrie, this is not the status field.  The field I am talking about
getting rid of is completely different than the field that informs a
management module what any given thread/process is actually doing at this
moment in time.  That field is the status field, and is located in the
worker_score.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131