httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sterling <sterl...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 17:06:53 GMT
reset_filters always removed all filters (including TLS).  This is a
problem in general - I think the only reason the filters are all removed
on error is to prevent infinite recursion (in the case where the error
came from one of the filters).  Optimally, if I add a filter, it should
get called even on error -

this would be very easy to solve if the filter stack wasn't recursive (the
overseer could remove the filter that caused the error) - but in the
current architecture it is not trivial to recover from filter errors.

i would think this needs to be resolved so that filters like TLS can
persist through error.

sterling