httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: mod_file_cache broken on Windows
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:34:03 GMT
On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Or perhaps serving a cached file is tickling a bug in the bucket code.
> To recreate, load a file into the cache (use CacheFile) and pound on
> the server requesting the cached file with apachebench.  Seg fault in
> apr_brigade_cleanup but the stack is completely trashed so I can't see
> the calling chain.

Bummer.  Especially because that's the exact sort of thing I did when
testing it myself on Unix, and I didn't get any segfaults.  To help narrow
in on the problem, please try changing APR_HAS_XTHREAD_FILES to 0 in
apr.hw and try your test again.  That will help us figure out where the
problem is.  I strongly suspect that it's in APR's Win32 xthread support,
but proof would be good.

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message