httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0.18 problem with mod_jk and
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 16:07:25 GMT
On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, GOMEZ Henri wrote:

> >I'm not positive, but I'd wager a guess that this is probably
> >related to the bucket lifetime bug that appeared in Apache after
> >2.0.16 and has been discussed at some length on new-httpd and
> >apr-dev.  It's halfway fixed in CVS.
> I didn't have problem with static page.

That would follow.  The bug is generally only seen when subrequests are
involved (eg, mod_include's include virtual and exec cgi are broken by
this bug), because the file/mmap/etc buckets from the subrequest which
should get passed back up to the main request go out of scope.

> >Anyway, if you didn't see this problem with 2.0.16 and did with 2.0.18,
> >that's almost certainly what's going on.
> Any date for the next alpha release ?

Not yet AFAIK... there are still a few important bugs (including this one)
that people are trying to sort out.

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message