httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <>
Subject Re: CGI Problem!
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:12:57 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Zeus wrote:

> Could someone guide me?

This list is for development, not support.  Please direct your question to
the Usenet group at comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix .  You can probably
also find the answer in the documentation at .

> My cgi for /var/www/html/zeus/cgi-bin directs to /var/www/cgi-bin
> instead. My domain is thus if I entered
> (/var/www/html/zeus/cgi-
> bin/newspro/newspro.cgi) it directs to /var/www/cgi-bin instead. I
> tried doing the Directives and stuffs, but I still cannot work it.

To get you started, you'll probably want to look at your ScriptAlias
directive, for one thing.  You should probably consider, however, actually
using /var/www/cgi-bin, as it's often inadvisable to put cgi scripts
within your document root directory for security reasons.

Hope this helps.

   Cliff Woolley
   Charlottesville, VA

View raw message