httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: file/mmap buckets, subrequests, pools, 2.0.18
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:48:42 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Is this specific to a platform?  Perhaps sendfile had been disabled in 2.0.16,
> and was enabled by all the buildconf cleanup?

That's an interesting thought.  Although if MMAP buckets are involved
somehow, that means that we've already read from the file, so sendfile()
would not be used anyway.  But something similar could be happening
MMAP-wise... maybe APR_HAS_MMAP was off in the old build or something like
that?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com